Whether you’re new to CBD or have been using it a while, ensuring you get your dosage right is very important. But how do you go about determining dose when using CBD? How do you change dosages once you’ve started CBD, to account for changing needs? Our post below examines the details to help you ensure you’re getting the right amount of CBD.
Factors Influencing CBD Dosage
As outlined well by Healthline.com, the factors influencing your dosage may include the following:
- Weight & “body chemistry”
- Purpose for CBD use
- CBD format & concentration
Dosage: Other Considerations
When you’re determining or adjusting your dose, there are some other factors that influence the amount of CBD you’ll want or need to take.
- What are your goals for CBD use? For example, someone using CBD to relax a bit before bed would have a different dosage than someone using it to treat an anxiety disorder
- How fast do you need results? The form of CBD you choose, and your accompanying dose, will depend on how quickly it needs to enter your body
- What other factors are there? Things like food you’ve consumed and other medications being taken can also impact CBD and the effect it has on you
Getting Started: Your First CBD Dose
The best thing to do before you start with CBD is consult your doctor or healthcare professional about what an appropriate dose is. They will help advise you, based upon your unique needs, weight and body, and other factors.
If you’re not working with a medical professional, then it’s advised to “start small,” or with a low dose of CBD the first time you try it. This allows you to see how you react to it, and you can always increase dosage as needed. One source suggests using your initial dose for a week, then increasing by 5mg after that.
It’s also recommended to take notes, or keep a record of your dosage over time. This way you can refer back to the log and determine what is or is not working for you and adjust your dose accordingly over time.
CBD Dosage Over Time
When using CBD like we sell here at Plant Based Hemp, take a look at the amount in the bottle and capacity of the dropper you are using to determine how much you are taking and what dosage is right for you. Make any increases slowly (For example, go from 1 to 2 to 3 drops rather than 1-3 directly).
Once you find our ideal dose, there are of course some times when you may need to adjust it, including:
- If you aren’t feeling an effect
- If the effect is too great
- If the reason you are using CBD changes
- If the format of CBD you are taking changes
Ready to give it a try? Check out our tinctures and get started with your dose using the tips above today!